Booking a guided hunt with Willow Creek Outdoor:
Willow Creek Outfitters strive to offer the best hunting excursion possible. Allowing us to achieve this goal is our honesty and commitment to our clients. We plan our Roosevelt Elk hunts with your physical condition in mind. Communication and understanding between WCO and our clients is key to the success of the hunt. We want you to have a successful hunt while focusing on the capabilities of our clients while maintaining a safe atmosphere. It is also very important for us to know of any medical conditions, allergies, or physical limitations that you may have. Again, we are here to guide you to a successful hunt while achieving your highest level of satisfaction.
Scheduling your hunt:
By taking a limited number of clients per year we hope to maintain and manage a good, healthy, long lasting wildlife population in the area. We understand how anxious most get around elk season and opening day. Although we book our hunts in advance we always keep in mind that conditions and the behaviors of the elk may change. Typically a hunt is booked for 4-5 days of the 12 day season. We offer early, middle or late portion of the season to our clients. Clients will be booked and taken out on a first come, first serve basis.
Pricing will be in accordance to your customized hunting needs. Pricing will be discussed in person or over the phone after information is gathered about the potential client. Pricing for Bull elk hunts will vary from cow elk hunts. We accept personal check for deposits only. Final payments will need to be made upon arrival and prior to hunting.
If the situation arises where a cancellation is needed, WCO asks for as much notice as possible. WCO will make every effort to re-schedule to your needs, but in the event that we are unable to re-schedule your hunt or we do not have adequate time to book the hunt with another potential client the Deposit made will be forfeited in full.
We require that all clients, family, friend, etc… anyone joining the hunt sign a release of liability, waiver of claims, and express assumption of risk BEFORE accessing the property and prior to the hunt.
What your guided hunt includes:
- Professionally licensed guide(s) whom are bonded, insured & creditable.
- Exclusive access to private land where elk are generally located
- GPS Technology with Maps, directions to specific hunting area locations
- All terrain & UTV vehicles for accessing steep, difficult terrain
- Preparation of animal for transport, (field dressed and ready for locker)
What your hunt DOES NOT include:
- Transportation to and from airports
- Tags, fees, licensing of any kind
What you will need to bring:
- Snacks/food for the days spent on the mountain
- Camera and/or video
- Weapon, or method of take, ammunition, etc.
- Your Tag, license info, etc.
- Clothing (layered clothing)
- Med weight hiking boots
- Hunting gear, knifes, etc.
- Light rain gear
- Day pack or fanny pack
- Large ice chest for transportation of meat
- Personal toiletries
- Notify us of any medical conditions prior to hunt
- Bring a good attitude and be ready for the hunt of your lifetime!
This is a good website for info on where to stay, what to do in the area, etc.
This one includes general information about the County,
This is a link to California’s Department of Fish & Wildlife website, information on Roosevelt elk hunting,